- May 27, 2017
- Posted by: Magnifez Admin
- Category: Tutorials
- Site map in Dynamics CRM defines the primary navigational structure found along the left side of CRM user interface.
- CRM Site map is configurable, and the navigation options can be modified by editing the site map XML when exported in a solution.
Customize CRM Sitemap using Sitemap Editor | XRM Toolbox | Dynamics 365 CRM video
Customize Sitemap Scenario
- You can also affect site map behaviour using CRM security roles.
- Scenario: Your organization uses CRM for sales and marketing, but does not use it for service. By editing the site map, you can remove all navigational options to any service-related resources like the case form.
Why you need to customize Sitemap?
- Add/remove options to CRM functionality and navigation.
- Add/remove default CRM areas/subareas (like sales or service etc)
- Send user to external application
- Link a site map option to a view
- Open a web resource
How to customize the Sitemap
We can customize the sitemap in different ways:
- By editing the site map XML when exported in a solution.
- By using a 3rd party tool such as Sitemap Editor.
Customize Sitemap by Editing Sitemap XML
- Create a new solution OR use default solution
- Navigate to Client Extensions and Add Site Map to the solution, and export.
- Extract the solution to local folder.
- Modify the customizations.xml and Save.
- Import the updated solution back and Publish.
Add Sitemap to the Solution
- Create a Solution.
- Navigate to Client Extensions -> Sitemap
- Add Sitemap to the Solution.
Edit the customizations.xml
- Extract the Solution.
- Open Customizations.xml and edit the tags.
- Add new Areas, edit existing one.
- Save the solution.
- Import solution back to CRM and publish.
Customize Sitemap using Sitemap Editor
The major tool that we use to customize sitemap is Sitemap Editor
- Download XrmToolBox, extract and run.
- Select Sitemap editor Plugin.
- Connect to CRM Organization.
- Modify the sitemap.
- Click Update Sitemap to publish.
Connect to CRM Server
Connect Sitemap Editor Plugin to CRM Server.
- CRM On-Premise
- CRM Online
Add/ Edit Navigation Components
- Add new Areas
- Add New Navigation Groups
- Add New Sub-areas.
Click Update Sitemap to publish the changes